Tuesday, March 10, 2009

So, this blog thing...

I've been getting the push to start a blog for some time now. I'm finally giving in & doing it. I plan on devoting most of the post to the art that I love (although I am known to get sidetracked). I attend a lot of art/craft shows, everything from tiny church craft shows to big national juried shows. You never know where you'll find that new amazing artist. Sometimes those I'll carry those artist in my gallery, sometimes I won't. Just because I love it, doesn't mean my customers will buy it.

I'm doing this in hopes of encouraging people to buy American crafts. Buy them from me (hey, I'd really like that), buy them from a local shop, buy them from an artist at a street fair, just BUY them!

I'm telling you, you will get so much more joy out of eating your cereal from a beautiful ceramic bowl, hand-made by some guy in Michigan, than you will from a bowl mass produced at some factory in China, sold at a big box store. And it won't cost you that much more, if it cost more at all. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment